The Civil Protection Headquarters of the Republic of Croatia, on 19 March 2020, adopted the Decision on the temporary ban on crossing the state border at the border crossings of the Republic of Croatia. To protect the population of the Republic of Croatia from COVID-19, persons are temporarily prohibited from or restricted in crossing the state border at all border crossings of the Republic of Croatia. This Decision shall enter into force on 19 March 2020 and shall be implemented for 30 days.
Croatian citizens will be allowed to return to Croatia or to go to a country where they work and live, implementing the instructions and measures of the Croatian Institute for Public Health (hereinafter: CIPH).
Return to their domicile states will be allowed to the citizens of the Member States of the European Union and the countries of the Schengen Area and the Schengen Associated States, and their family members, as well as the third-country nationals who are long-term residents under Council Directive 2003/109/EC of 25 November 2003 concerning the status of third-country nationals who are long-term residents, and the and persons deriving their right to reside from other EU Directives or national law or who hold national long-term visas. UK nationals are still to be treated in the same way as EU citizens until end 2020.
The interest of the Republic of Croatia for the persons referred to in the preceding paragraph to enter the Republic of Croatia shall be confirmed by the heads of the respective ministries in accordance with the scope of their authorisation in exceptional cases. To such persons, the instructions and measures adopted by the CIPH shall apply.
* * *
The following persons shall be exempt from the implementation of this Decision:
– Healthcare professionals, healthcare researchers and collaborators, experts in care for the elderly, and persons requiring urgent medical treatment
– Cross-border workers
– Goods carriers and other transport personnel to the extent necessary
– Diplomats, police officers in the performance of their activities, Civil Defence services and teams, international organizations staff and International military personnel in carrying out their functions
– Passengers in transit.
The abovementioned exempt persons shall be subject to the instructions and measures adopted by the CIPH.
The Croatian Civil Protection Headquarters on 16 March 2020 updated the package of measures for limiting the entry of disease into the population and strengthening control over the coronavirus spread.
All foreign nationals entering the Republic of Croatia from the following countries/territories:
– People’s Republic of China: Hubei Province
– Italian Republic
– FR Germany: Heinsberg County in the German State of North Rhine-Westphalia
– Republic of Korea: Daegu City and Cheongdo Province
– Islamic Republic of Iran
will be informed about their compulsory 14-day quarantine, while all Croatian nationals will be issued a decision requiring them to go into a 14-day self-imposed isolation.
All foreign and Croatian nationals entering the Republic of Croatia from the following countries/territories:
– People’s Republic of China (except the Hubei province)
– Hong Kong (People’s Republic of China)
– Republic of Korea (except Daegu City and the Cheongdo Province)
– Republic of Singapore
– French Republic
– Federal Republic of Germany (except Heinsberg County in the German State of North Rhine-Westphalia)
– Republic of Austria
– Swiss Confederation
– Kingdom of Spain
– Kingdom of Netherlands
– Kingdom of Sweden
– United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
– Republic of Slovenia (region of White Carniola and Lower Carniola)
– Republic of the Philippines
– Socialist Republic of Vietnam
– Kingdom of Cambodia
– New Zealand
– Kingdom of Denmark
– Kingdom of Norway
– Czech Republic
– Republic of Finland
– Hellenic Republic
– State of Israel
– Republic of San Marino
– Republic of Island
– Republic of Poland
– Portuguese Republic
– Slovak Republic
– Republic of Belarus
– Republic of Bulgaria
– Republic of North Macedonia
– Kingdom of Thailand
– Republic of India
– Republic of Indonesia
– Republic of Maldives
– Kingdom of Bahrein
– United Arab Emirates
– Republic of Iraq
– Arab Republic of Egypt
– Lebanese Republic
– Islamic Republic of Pakistan
– Peoples Republic of Bangladesh
– Federal Republic of Brasil
– Republic of Chile
– Republic of Costa Rica
– Peoples Democratic Republic of Algeria
– Republic of Cameroon
– Republic of Peru
– Republic of Ecuador
will be issued a decision requiring them to go into a 14-day self-imposed isolation.
The list will be updated in accordance with recommendations and the epidemiological situation.
Instructions are updated daily and published on the website https://www.hzjz.hr/sluzba-epidemiologija-zarazne-bolesti/koronavirus-najnovije-preporuke/