Are you up for an adventure? If so, prepare to explore Europe by joining DiscoverEU, a European Union initiative that enables young people to travel. As of 2018, 130,000 people have taken advantage of this benefit.
Take this opportunity to experience the freedom of movement, better understand European diversity, enjoy its cultural richness, make new friends and discover yourself.
This is an Interrail ticket that is valid for as long as a month and with which you will be able to travel around the countries of Europe completely free of charge.
You will mostly travel by train. To make access to the entire continent as easy as possible, you will be offered alternatives such as buses or ferries. In exceptional cases, when no other means of transport is available, air travel is permitted. This will ensure that young people living in remote areas or islands also have the opportunity to participate.
Who can apply?
Applications start on April 7th, 2022 at noon and will last until April 21st, 2022.
You can only apply if:
- The date of birth must be between July 1st 2003 and June 30th 2004
- You have the citizenship of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- Fill in your OIB or passport number on the application form;
- One of the third countries associated with the Erasmus + program: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Northern Macedonia, Norway, Serbia and Turkey.
- Start your journey in one of the EU member states;
- Plan to begin the journey between July 1, 2022, and June 30, 2023;
- Plan to travel between 1 and 30 days;
- Plan to travel to at least 1 and up to 4 destinations of foreign countries within the EU;
- You are ready to become a DiscoverEU Ambassador.
If you meet these criteria, you can apply through the online registration tool on the day you start applying.
You can apply as an individual or as a group of up to 5 people. A group leader should be appointed for the groups. The group leader fills in the application form and participates in the quiz. He/she will receive a code when submitting the application, which he/she will pass on to the other members of the group to enable them to apply as well.
When and how to apply?
The application deadline opens on April 7 at noon (CET).
First, you will need to provide your personal information and more details about the trip you plan to make.
Second, you will have to answer 5 questions – a quiz.
Finally, you will have to answer some more questions, which will allow the European Commission to rank the applicants in case there are too many applications.
What are they asking of you?
Thanks to becoming DiscoverEU Ambassador, you are invited to review your travel experiences and share this via social media such as Instagram, Facebook or Twitter or by presenting at your school or local community.
APPLICATIONS AND MORE INFORMATION – HERE