The Days of Croatian Tourism (DHT) ended on Friday evening with the annual tourism awards in Šibenik. Rovinj was declared the 2022 tourism champion, whose mayor Marko Paliaga was presented with the award by Prime Minister Andrej Plenković, reports jutarnji.hr.
Other awards that were awarded according to the ratings of the Croatian Tourist Board (HTZ) and the Croatian Chamber of Commerce (HGK), which together with the Ministry of Tourism and Sports are the organizers of the DHT:
- The Arsen House of Art from Šibenik and the Providur Palace from Zadar for the cultural attractions of the year
- The public institution Velebit Nature Park for a natural attraction.
- The event of the year is Retropatija
- The hotel of the year is Grand Park Rovinj
- The campsite of the year is Istra Premium Funtana
- The restaurant of the year is Zoi from Split
- The marina of the year is ACI Dubrovnik
- The travel agency of the year is Adriatic DMC Dubrovnik.
The Anton Štifanić annual award went to Arsen Ercegović from the Croatian Association of Private Shipowners and Vladimir Bakić, long-time director of the Dubrovnik-Neretva County Trade Union and the Association of Croatian Travel Agencies (UHPA).
The Croatian tourism lifetime achievement award was given to Dane Slamić from the hotel in Tisno, and posthumously to Franko Lukež, a gastronome and sommelier, whose children came to receive the award. Sustainability awards were also given to Valamar Riviera and the National Association of Small Hotels.
Luka Modrić was awarded for his contribution to the promotion. He responded via video link and his sister accepted the award.
Read the full article HERE.