Let’s start this recipe with praise for Lika potatoes. Do you know that the European Union approved the Croatian Ministry of Agriculture’s request in which potatoes from central Croatia entered protected designations of origin and geographical source register?
Yes, Croatian potatoes are that good!
You are not in the mood to cook or your fridge is empty? Don’t worry, we have it covered! All you need is pie crusts and potatoes. This simple pie is so delicious and easy to make. It is cooked in every Croatian household and the best person to prepare it is always the grandmother.
Ingredients for 8 people
1 kg of potatoes
100 g of onion
½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
2 teaspoons of Vegeta
10 thinner pie crusts
50 ml of oil
300 ml of water
1. Cut the peeled potatoes into cubes, then add the grated onion, pepper, Vegeta and mix well.
2. Coat a sheet of thin dough with oil, place another sheet of thin dough on top of it, and spread part of the prepared filling over the dough.
3. Drizzle a little oil over the filling and fold the dough in a rolling pin. Do the same with the remaining dough and filling.
4. Place the benders on an oiled baking sheet and bake in an oven heated to 200°C for about 30 minutes.
5. Add salt to the water, boil it and pour it over the baked pie.
Read the full article HERE.