After visiting the stunning Plitvice Lakes, your appetite for local cuisine is sure to be awakened.
In this region rich with ingredients from fields, rivers, woods, and gardens, the standout recommendation is the trout.
The lakes and rivers around Plitvice offer a perfect environment for trout, resulting in a fresh and flavorful option. Skilled local chefs prepare it expertly, capturing the essence of the area. Whether paired with vegetables, herbs, or traditional spices, the dish embodies the region’s flavors.
Trout here isn’t just a meal; it symbolizes the connection between the land and its people, reflecting sustainability and respect for nature.
So, after exploring Plitvice Lakes, treat yourself to a dining experience that combines natural beauty with regional flavors. Indulge in the trout, representing both the area’s wonders and its culinary excellence.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 4 trout
- fresh parsley leaves
- 5 cloves of garlic
- You can catch trout yourself, or you can also buy it in a fish market.
- First, clean the shell from the fish (although there is not much of it). After that perform biopsy and pathology. Remove all internal organs and rinse the fish in cold water. Then be sure to dry it with a kitchen towel.
- Finely chop the parsley and garlic and mix them together in a bowl. Estimate the amount of parsley and garlic yourself without specific measurements. It must be enough to fill each fish with it. Don’t skimp.
- The order is as follows: First, salt the outside of the fish. Rub the salt on with your hands. Then salt the inside of the fish, then use a small spoon to put in the mixture of parsley and garlic. We repeat, do not skimp. It must be almost completely filled. Then you sprinkle some Vegeta on that filling and finally sprinkle some oil. In this way, parsley and garlic release their juices, which are divine in combination with fish.
- The fish must stay like this for at least 30 minutes, and it can be overnight.
- It is definitely best to grill this type of fish. This dish combined with smoke is irresistible. Put the fish on top and leave it like that for a minute. After that, gently try to move the fish with a fork. If it moves slightly and you don’t feel that it is still stuck to the base, feel free to turn it over. If you are baking, put a lot of oil in the pan and let it get really hot. Add the fish and watch as soon as it starts to get that brownish color, turn it over.
- We cannot tell you exactly how long it takes to bake. About 10 minutes, make an estimation. It is not necessary to pour oil and garlic on the trout baked in this way. Just serve it and you will see that it is perfect.
The true magic is unveiled during the summer months, particularly in the late afternoon, when the sun’s warm embrace casts a golden glow over the landscape. With the temperature hovering around a pleasant 30°C, the ambiance is nothing short of inviting. As you embark on this culinary journey, the fragrance of sizzling fish and the gentle breeze combine to create an unforgettable experience.
So, set the stage for a delightful feast, let the grillwork its magic, and as the evening sun paints the sky, savor the enchantment of a perfect summer meal.