Slavonian čobanac is an indispensable dish for all celebrations. This recipe is without additives as it is the way to prepare it, reports coolinarika.com.
As for vegeta, pepper, paprika and hot, everything is to your liking and taste. There is no set amount. Speaking of meat is the same, someone likes more, someone less. It is best to cook in a pot outdoors, but you can also cook it in a pot in the kitchen.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 5-6 medium red onions (the more the better)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 carrots of medium size
- 500g venison (can be without venison if you do not have)
- 500g beef
- 1kg pork
- 250 ml mashed tomatoes
- 7-8 grains of black pepper
- Ground pepper
- 2 laurel leaves
- Red sweet pepper
- Red hot pepper
- 1 dried hot pepper
1.Mix the red onion, garlic and carrot in a blender very finely and let it simmer with a bit of water. Add water if necessary (15-20 min)
You can’t go wrong with red onions, it’s better to have more than less. Otherwise, the čobanac will be too liquid.
2. After 15-20 minutes, add the venison and let it simmer together with the onion for 20-30 minutes.
3. Add the beef, and let it simmer again for 20-30 minutes.
4. Add the last pork and simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Add a bit of vegeta, grains of pepper, a bit of sweet pepper, laurel leaf, hot pepper, and a bit of ground pepper. Let it simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
6. Add water as desired, depending on the amount of meat, but there should be plenty of water because the čobanac must be stewed and not thick. Calculate that some of the water will evaporate. After this, there is no more adding water. Bring to boil over low heat
7. When it starts to cook lightly, add more vegeta, hot peppers, and sweet peppers if desired (don’t overdo it because you can get bitterness from it)
8. When the meat is almost cooked, add another 250ml of mashed tomatoes. You can do less but do not overdo it so that it is not sour.
9. Let it cook until the meat is done.
10. If you wish, you can add 1 dl of white wine before the end!
11. Have a nice meal!
Read the full article HERE.