Close to one million tourists are staying in Croatia and the season is at its peak while announcements for August and September are very good, too, but further results will depend mostly on the epidemiological situation, Croatian National Tourist Board (HTZ) head Kristjan Staničić said on Wednesday.
Staničić was attending a meeting of representatives of tourism boards from Šibenik-Knin County.
Presenting the results in the tourism sector, he stressed that almost one million tourists were currently staying in Croatia, including more than 850,000 foreign tourists.
“Currently 970,000 tourists are vacationing in Croatia and compared to July last year, that is an increase of 33%. As for the results since the start of the year, they are 50% better than in the same period of last year, whereas compared to the record year 2019, we are at 62% of the bed nights recorded that year, and that is in line with our estimates,” said Staničić.
Speaking of the positive trends, he said that they were owing to promotional activities as well as Croatia’s recognisability as the safest tourist destination in the Mediterranean.